Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where have I been??

Don't you want to know the answer to that question? Well I broke my legs running. Gah, it's so embarrassing to admit but it's true.

I did a very tough race. 20km of hills. Big big hills. Up and down. Down and up.

I beat my time projection! Yay!

And got a couple of stress fractures to show for it. Boo!

So needless to say had to take a few months off running. I started that process thinking I'd swim and otherwise keep up fitness . . . instead I ate cookies and gained 10 lbs.

Just before xmas I started up again. Slow and steady. Like a turtle. On flat surfaces. Flat and slow. I was bored out of my head. Since I was so unsure of it all I did not take any photos for a while. It was really tough. I was amazed at how quickly you can lose all that stamina you build up. I had to constantly remind myself of last year when I started running and how bad I was and how I got better with time. I kept going.

Now I'm back, baby!! And I've even taken pictures and EVEN developed the film. I am on a roll now. Look out.

So I just signed up for a race a month from April to October.

Legs . . . don't fail me now.

1 comment: