Sunday, August 16, 2009

The mailman has my film.

Sorry, mail-PERSON. Letter carrier. Since I know he is a man I'll say that dude with my film!!

Alas it is Sunday and he sits home with his family today not one bit worried about my film.

The bad news: I took no pictures today. :(

The good news: I have been back running for three days since my forced little 5 day running break to ease up on my aching foot. I discovered spin class, but wanted to run . . . It was hard but I'm glad I did it because the foot feels fantastic now. Friday I eased in with 5k on the treadmill and felt pretty good once I got going. Saturday I was still feeling good but didn't want to push it so I just did a 4k jog outside with the dog. Still felt great. My foot might be a little tender, but no pain at all. Me and the dog were happy to be back in business.

This morning I did my scheduled 8 miles ( was actually 8.5) and one thing I've noticed is that aerobic fitness is so much improved over the past few weeks. I've really passed a hurdle. I am very excited by this. Three weeks ago I did the 10 mile race and spent at least the last 4 miles vowing not to throw up or pass out. At the end of it I was in great distress for at least two days. It was brutal. Today after 8.5 miles I trotted back into the house like it was nothing. Don't get me wrong, it was not THAT easy . . but I didn't feel like I was dying and I sit here about to start in on some good-time bathroom painting, so I'm clearly not wiped out. Hard work pays off.

As a result, I think for next week I'll do another 10 mile race. I'm scheduled to run 9 miles anyway, so I'll take it as a regular long run and get a chance to run around Bell Island and get a free hat. Well, a $25 hat.

Oh, and I'll bring a camera on the race course this time. ;)

-Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment