Sunday, August 2, 2009

A photographers running blog

A photographers running blog? What else is new?

But wait! It's not an on-going blog. Not THAT king of running blog.

This is a blog about running. By photographers. With pictures (because photographers like to take pictures!!)

I am Donna Ramsay. I am photographer. I like to run. It's all pretty simple really.

I like to use film cameras, more specifically I like to use Holga cameras. One day I realized that my lightweight Holga camera fit perfectly inside an old diskman case we had. I popped it in there and hit the streets. I realized that it made my runs even more fun and made me want to run even more. All the sights that I see everyday, the small things that I notice on my daily running routes, the many things that make running outside so wonderful . . . trapped on cellulose forever. Win Win!

I have invited some photographer friends to join me. I hope that they will pack up a lightweight camera and hit the streets running.

I have dedicated one of my Holgas to running. I pledge at least a roll a week. Maybe more, but never less. 12 exposures a week. Seems reasonable since I usually stop for a second to compose the shot. Stopping twice a run is enough! I'm logging miles here people!

Here is my first post. My legs. It's where it all begins. Legs and feet and camera. The fisheye confirms what I've always suspected. I have big thighs and small feet. :)

-Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment