Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How to carry the Holga?

It was asked *How does one carry the Holga while running?*

This is a question with many answers. I'm certain the gang of us Holga Runners are using different techniques. As with most answers . . mine is the best.

I use an old disc man waist pack. It is meant for using during exercise (check), is lightweight (check), adjustable (check) and fits one Holga camera. (Check Check Check!)

I just googled images and there are some ugly disc man waist packs out there! Mine is all black and not ugly at all. In my case I actually have one from the years using a disc man (actually my husband used to use it at the gym - like 15 years ago!). If one was not such a pack rat and does not still have one - I'm sure they can be found at thrift shops around the world. Eventually I realized the problem of needing to carry water and a Holga. So I have gotten into the habit of carrying a water bottle in my hand. Or I plan things to take one or the other. Whatever works.

Here is a photo from the other day. I know this is a sign for the Surveyor crew up ahead on the road . . but I'm going to pretend it's another Holga runner . . . using a tripod.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture. Now there's a holga mod I hadn't seen yet. ;)

    You know I just carry mine, but your water bottle comment give me an idea. My husband has an old fuel belt, I'm going to see if it could be used!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm. i just hang mine around my neck and hold it with one hand. this makes more sense.

    terri

    ReplyDelete