Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quidi Vidi Birds

I use Quidi Vidi Lake to run at least once a week. I used to drive there and run it. Now I run there and run it and run home. But I digress. ;)

Quidi Vidi is popular with boaters and runners and walkers and . . . birds. Ducks, pigeons, seagulls, and a lone goose. When running past the Dominion side of the lake the birds can be pretty plentiful. They are not shy. It would not be a good place to run if you were afraid of birds. Luckily for me I am not afraid of birds.

Usually I (and everyone) will run around the birds. A wide swerve does the trick. This day though I decided to have some fun running through the birds and taking pictures. They barely move, they are so annoyed at being bothered. I ran through them, back and forth, a couple of times and then stopped to compose a shot of that goose. He (she?) was watching the show and I'm fairly certain was concluding that I am a nutbar.

This is what we call Good Clean Fun.







Duck. Duck. Goose.

1 comment: